For many people their retirement income is insufficient to meet their needs and aspirations. A common cause is our desire to plough everything we can into paying our mortgages whilst saving for retirement is often overlooked.
Equity release enables homeowners to unlock valuable tax free cash to use for a variety of reasons, such as home improvements or helping loved ones at a time when they need it most. It can also be used to pay off debts or an interest only mortgage, as well as paying for the things your retirement income may not, such as holidays, cars and other treats.
There’s no requirement to sell your house, downsize or even give up any ownership to get cash out of your property. If you are considering releasing equity from your home then speak to one of our qualified equity release specialists at WLS Financial Services.
- We will help you understand the various options available to you and consider alternative means to meet the financial need.
- We set out the various features available and highlight those which will benefit you most.
- We provide Independent advice, so we search the whole market to find the best solution available to you.
- Assistance is provided throughout the entire application process until completion and we are available to assist in the future when required.
- There are no upfront charges and fees are only applicable if you decide to go ahead and the mortgage completes.
The Equity Release Council
WLS Financial Services is a member of The Equity Release Council, the industry body for the equity release sector.
To help protect consumers, the Council sets certain standards and insists on a code of conduct for both providers and advisers to abide by. As members of the Council, we abide by the safeguards and code of conduct they have in place for advisers, which means we conform to the best practices within the sector.
Equity Release Council guarantees
The Council sets out guarantees to work for your best interests and include the following promises:
- No Negative Equity Guarantee — you or your family will never owe more than the value of your home
- You will not lose your home and can remain there for as long as you wish providing it remains your main residence
- For lifetime mortgages, interest rates must be fixed or, if they are variable, there must be a “cap” (upper limit) which is fixed for the life of the loan
- You can move to another suitable property subject to the new property being acceptable to your product provider
- You will receive independent legal advice from a solicitor of your choice